Last Updated: November 16, 2022
I. What Types of Information Does IFVI Collect Through the Site?
II. How Does IFVI Use the Information It Collects About You?
- We may use Your Information for any or all of the following purposes:
- Respond to Your Requests and Questions. If you submit a question or a request for information, or any other type of request, we may use Your Information to respond.
- Send You Communications. If you join our mailing list or otherwise provide your email address or other contact information to us, we may use Your Information to send you newsletters or other notices to inform you about special upcoming events, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any of our commercial (promotional) email communications, as described in those communications.
- Enhance Our Operations. We may use Your Information for our internal business purposes, such as to help us improve the Site, including by requesting feedback, and for related purposes such as data analysis, audits, and identifying usage trends.
- Comply With Law and Adhere to Ethical Standards. We may will use Your Information to help prevent fraud, abuse, or other harmful activity, including by conducting security risk assessments and taking steps to verify or authenticate your information or identity.
III. With Whom Might IFVI Share Your Information?
- Service Providers. We may share Your Information with any of the vendors who provide us with services, such as the designer of the Site and others who might assist us with technology, data analysis, email services, or similar services.
- Acquirers or Assignees. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of IFVI or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the anticipated or actual acquiring party or assignee. We cannot guarantee that such acquiring party or assignee will handle Your Information under the same terms as those set forth in this Policy.
- Entities Entitled Under Law. We may disclose Your Information as we believe appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Policy; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect the interests of IFVI or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures except as required by applicable law.
We do not share information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
IV. How Can You Manage Your Information That We Maintain?
To help keep Your Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified in Section IX below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Your Information in our possession. Please note that we are not responsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the databases of third parties.
V. How Does IFVI Protect Your Information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of Your Information and to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should be aware that no Internet transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail transmissions may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
VI. Collection of information by Others
- Through Our Site. As noted, our web hosting service, WordPress, automatically collects certain information from our Site visitors through cookies. (See Section I above.)
VII. Use of the Site by Minors.
Our Site is not directed to minors under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect information from any individuals under age 18. If we discover that we have obtained personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete it.
VIII. International Transfers of Information.
By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of Your Information in the United States, with the awareness that the laws of the United States may not provide as much protection for information as the laws of certain other countries or territories.
IX. Contacting Us.
International Foundation for Valuing Impacts
Attn: Katie Panella
or message us through the “Contact Us” page on the Site.